Today, the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Office of Indian Energy Policy and Programs announced a notice of intent (NOI) to issue a funding opportunity announcement (FOA) in February 2016 for inter-tribal organizations to help provide tribal communities with the knowledge, skills, and resources needed to implement successful strategic energy solutions.
Through this planned FOA, it is envisioned that inter-tribal organizations will structure their technical assistance to best meet the needs of their member Indian tribes and/or Alaska Native villages, resulting in clear measurable outcomes or end-products that include a plan to become financially sufficient beyond DOE’s Office of Indian Energy funding.
As part of these inter-tribal regional programs, it is envisioned that energy experts would:
- Coordinate energy solutions among participating Indian Tribes and Alaska Native regional corporations and village corporations
- Network with regional and national energy organizations
- Deliver technical assistance to participating Indian Tribes and Alaska Natives within the region
- Build the human capacity of participating Indian Tribes and Alaska Native regional and village corporations by providing information to tribal leaders and staff through workshops or webinars
- Serve as an information clearinghouse
- Advise DOE’s Office of Indian Energy on the energy goals and needs within the region
- Enhance DOE’s technical assistance network across Indian Country and in Alaska.
Read more from the source: DOE Office of Indian Energy
Act Now to read the full Notice of Intent DE-FOA-0001452.