A competition run by Access Power called the ‘Access Co-Development Facility’ (ACF) has officially closed. Five entrepreneurs have made it as the runner ups for the innovative $7 million funding and support platform for renewable energy projects in Africa.
According to a company statement, the projects were selected from a pool of 82 qualifying projects from across the continent, representing a full spectrum of renewable energy technologies.
The facility is now on its third edition this year and is being deployed in partnership with EREN Renewable Energy.
The five shortlisted projects include:
- Zimbabwe: 75MW Kadoma Solar PV project
- Tanzania: 30MW Kondoa Solar PV project
- Rwanda: 9,7MW Rukarara Hydro project
- Ethiopia: 75MW Beseka Solar project
- Ghana: 48MW Winneba Wind project
Read more at ESI Africa