1. More people have access to a mobile phone than a toilet.
2. Americans spend more on Halloween than the entire world spends on malaria in a year.
3. 663 million people in the world—1 in 10—lack access to safe water.
4. 730 million people in sub-Saharan Africa heat their home and cook food using open fires. Which is really, really bad for your health.
5. Every year, consumers in rich countries waste almost as much food (222 million tons) as the entire net food production of sub-Saharan Africa (230 million tons).
Read more at One
Learn more: World Bank poverty data Act Now